About a Z30 II
As I write this, the camera in the title does not exist. But it is time to make one. Having used the Z30 extensively in the last months, I know exactly what want. The goal should be a good selling camera which can cope with the likes at Sony. Unfortunately, this means that the price needs to be adjusted, albeit not to the levels of the A6700 which has currently three times the retail prize of the Z30. This also means some restrictions. The Z30 II will not be a A7CR for the poor.
So what could we get without offering compactness and competitiveness?
- The faster processor in the Z50 II, of course. This will yield a snappier camera overall, a much faster and more sensitive AF, and some video features.
- A better display. A camera with no viewfinder needs the best display available for the prize. It should be bright, have a good resolution, and most importantly a good dynamic range. See the ZR for a good example.
That's about all it would take to lure me into an update. But may I continue to dream a bit?
- A sensor around 30 Megapixels with IBIS to allow all that fine glass for the full frame Z cameras to be used without restrictions. I don't think it can get a global readout for the prize, but that would convert the videographers from other brands.
I fear that this will not happen, mainly because it cannibalizes the full frame market of Nikon too much. But maybe it is more important to convert new users to cameras to start with, and especially to Nikon cameras. Speaking of this, I have another dream.
- Make the social net easily accessible from the camera. The camera does not have to mimic a smartphone for this. It just needs an easy way to connect to one with a brilliantly written App on the other side. If Wifi is too complicated and Bluetooth too slow, make it possible via an USB-C cable. Everyone got one. The main point is that it is easy and reliable. And it needs to be a Nikon only app exploiting the camera with a bit or RAW witchcraft, not a generic Android or iPhone one.
How would you like that?


Comments
Post a Comment
High there! Looking forward to hear from you.